Working as part of the Transmission and Distribution team in Dawson, you'll be responsible for maintaining the overhead and underground components of the electrical transmission and distribution systems.
Yukon Energy is the main generator and transmitter of electrical energy in the territory. We are a renewable company with 94% of our electricity coming from hydro and we were the first northern utility and only the fifth in Canada to receive a Sustainable Electricity CompanyTM designation from the Canadian Electricity Association.
Permanent, full-time and based in Dawson, Yukon. See the full job description.
Yukon is a perfect place for outdoor enthusiasts and for raising a family. Dawson is the heart of Yukon's Gold Rush. Wilderness adventures start right on your doorstep with canoeing, hiking and fishing opportunities available only a short distance away. Multiple daily flights out of Whitehorse will get you to Vancouver in two hours and Edmonton or Calgary in less than three hours on scheduled days.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Journeyman Red Seal Powerline Technician certificate
- Rigging and hoisting certification
- Crane Operator ticket: 40 tonne or less
- Class 3 Drivers’ License and a clean abstract
- Ability to use all-terrai vehicles
- Valid First-Aid Certificate
- Ability to perform line maintenance in a safe and efficient manner utilizing deenergized and live-line techniques
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and standards
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team and cross-cultural environment.
- Be physically fit and able to work in a demanding environment that includes heavy lifting, stretching and pulling, climbing, working at heights and extreme weather conditions
- Be knowledgeable in all aspects of distribution high-voltage safety
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be a leader
- Work in a team environment
- Be readily available for overtime and on call duty, including travel to remote locations
- Ability to read meters
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
Competitive compensation, including Northern Allowance and Travel Benefit
Excellent benefits, including a Group Insurance Plan
Four weeks paid vacation to start
Respectful and positive environment
To apply, submit a covering letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com by 5 pm on June 19, 2019.
We appreciate all responses; only short-listed candidates will be contacted.