Report an Outage

There are two companies that deliver electricity to Yukoners, which can lead to confusion for people who need to know who to call in the event of a power outage.

If your electrical bill comes from Yukon Energy, please notify us of an outage by calling 1-800-676-2843.

If you pay ATCO Electric Yukon for your power, please contact them at 1-800-661-0513 or in Whitehorse at (867) 633-7000.

That being said, in an extended outage it may be difficult to reach us on the phone, as many customers may be trying to call. If you are unable to contact us by telephone, we suggest you have a battery operated or wind-up radio as part of your emergency kit. We encourage you to use that radio as one source of information during a prolonged (more than one hour) power failure.

As well, if you have access to a mobile device during an outage, you can get updates on our Twitter or Facebook pages or on this website.