The Opportunity: Powerline Technician
Permanent, Full-Time bargaining unit position, based out of Whitehorse, Yukon.
Who we are: Yukon Energy is the main generator and transmitter of electrical energy in the territory. Our plant facilities are on the Traditional Territory of Yukon First Nations. There are 14 First Nations in the territory, and we are proud to work within these Traditional Territories in all our business operations.
What will you do: Participates as a member of the Transmission and Distribution team and works in the construction and maintenance of electrical transmission and distribution systems, including substations, street light systems to maintain continuous and satisfactory service to customers. Provides relief coverage for Yukon Energy’s service areas.
What you need to succeed:
▪ Journey Power Line Technician with rigging and hoisting certification with several years of related experience.
▪ Strong knowledge of Windows based computer software applications.
▪ Rubber glove experience an asset.
▪ A proven track record and commitment to safe procedures and encouraging a safe work environment.
▪ Strong client service orientation with good interpersonal skills.
▪ A valid class 3 driver’s license with air endorsement.
▪ A valid First Aid certificate.
▪ Ability to work in a team and cross-cultural environment.
What is in it for you: We offer a competitive starting rate and the opportunity to grow your career experience in a fast paced, challenging environment. Yukon Energy values diversity in the workplace. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and we are committed to the employment and professional development of Yukon First Nations citizens. First Nations candidates are encouraged to self-declare.
Compensation: Level 8: $42.25-$50.45 per hour plus 5% Northern Allowance, 12% Market Adjustment and $6,300.00 Northern Base Allowance.
To apply please go to Recruitment (adp.com). If you have any question, please feel free email People & Culture via email at email@example.com. The posting will remain open until the position is filled.
For more information on Yukon Energy and a full job description, please go to http://www.yukonenergy.ca
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada for any employer.
Date Posted: August 4, 2023