Search here for our current requests for services, products and information.
All Yukon Energy public postings can be accessed through Merx at www.merx.com
|RFP 2021-019 Riverside Station Renovation EPC
Yukon Energy S171 Riverside Substation and nearby 34.5 kV transmission network is to be expanded to accommodate the interconnection of a 40 MWh Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) and the existing Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) generating facility. These changes are required to improve 138 kV network and overall grid stability and displace the need for diesel generation during peak load periods.
The modification of the S171 site will see the footprint and 138 kV ring bus expanded to accommodate:
- The addition of a 138-34.5 kV 30/40/50 MVA power transformer.
- The addition of a 34.5 kV bus along with two circuit breakers and station service transformer.
- The completion of the 138 kV ring bus with the addition of a circuit breaker and three disconnects.
- 138 kV and 34.5 kV potential transformers.
- Construction of oil containment for the power transformer complete with noise suppression barriers.
- The addition of a new control building to house associated new control panels and communications equipment and for the upgrading and migration of controls from the existing building.
- The termination of two 34.5 kV transmission lines; L151 for the Whitehorse LNG generation facility; L351 for a new Battery Energy Storage System (BESS).
- Upgrades to the Protection & Control and SCADA systems presently operating at S171, protection upgrades at S151 LNG and the integration of protection from the BESS.
- Fiber optic communication upgrades between the YEC System Control Center (SCC), S171 and S151 and a new fiber link to the BESS.
The 34.5 kV transmission line work associated with the project includes:
- The re-routing of L151 from S151 LNG from S150 Whitehorse Rapids to S171 Riverside.
- The construction of new line (L351) from the BESS site to S171 Riverside.
The solicitation package can be downloaded through the MERX link here.
|Oct 6, 2021
|RFP2021-022 WH1 Headgate Replacement and Refurbishment of Related Parts
The Corporation is requesting Proposals for the supply and installation of one new headgate as well as refurbishment/upgrade of its associated wire rope hoist, controls, and power supplies. Documents can be downloaded from Merx here.
|Oct 8, 2021
|RFP 2021-016 Physical Asset Management Managed System: Process and Procedure Implementation
A significant portion of YEC’s existing generation and transmission assets are approaching end-of-life and require refurbishment and/or replacement. Given the significant investment required to sustain YEC’s existing asset base (~$50 million over the next 5 years), YEC has recognized that a holistic approach to asset management is required to ensure that the expected life of the assets are realized or exceeded for the benefit of the ratepayer.
The majority of YEC’s key generation and transmission assets were constructed in the 1950’s (Mayo Hydro, Whitehorse Hydro) and the 1970’s (Aishihik Hydro; Whitehorse-Aishihik-Faro transmission system). These assets remain critical to YEC’s operations but are approaching end-of-life and require refurbishment and/or replacement. YEC has recognized that it will need to demonstrate that the Corporation is following industry best practices to assess the condition of its assets, identify required maintenance and replacement investments, and optimize these investments from both a condition and risk perspective.
The overall goal of this project is to develop and implement systems which will allow YEC to make evidence-based investment decisions over the entire asset life cycle, considering risk, criticality, and the changing condition of each asset over time.
The primary objective of the Work is the development of documented and approved processes and procedures necessary for the implementation a formal Physical Asset Management Managed System (PAMMS) at YEC, bringing the corporation’s practices in line with the ISO 55000 standard.
The solicitation package can be accessed by clicking here.
|Oct 13, 2021
|RFP 2021-020 Engineering Services
The Corporation, is requesting Proposals for the provision of Engineering Services in accordance with conditions stated herein for the following disciplines:
Civil / Dam Safety Engineering
Electrical Power Systems Engineering
Structural – Transmission Line Design Engineering
Structural – Distribution Line Design Engineering
Documents can be accessed through this link on Merx
|Oct 21, 2021