As many of you know, Yukon Energy Corporation is considering changes to our water use license for the Southern Lakes and Whitehorse Rapids Generating Station. A group of Southern Lakes residents has formed a committee to act as a conduit between Yukon Energy and the public.
The group will be hosting monthly information meetings jointly with us. The first of those meetings is scheduled for Tuesday, April 30th at 6:30 p.m. at the Carcross Community Club. The topic: The Concept.
Meeting discussion points:
1. Introduction of the Southern Lakes Water Level Committee, purpose and goals
2. Yukon Energy’s current water use license allowances and restrictions
3. Conceptual water use license changes - height, volume differentials, etc.
4. Potential impacts related to water use license changes and mitigation measures being considered (a summary of our field work conducted to date can be found at the bottom of this page and it will be discussed in detail at future meetings.)
5. Timeline of potential project (current planning stage and next steps)
For more information:
Southern Lakes Water Level Committee
Mary Ann Lewis, Secretary
Yukon Energy Corporation
Janet Patterson, Manager of Communications
At each meeting there will be discussion about specific issues related to the research studies being conducted, potential effects of the project should it go ahead, and possible mitigation measures. The meetings will be held on a rotation basis in Marsh Lake, Tagish, and Carcross. We hope you will join us and provide input on this important issue.
Be the first to commentCommenting is not available in this channel entry.