The Electrical Protection Controls Coordinator is a member of the Electrical Maintenance team and will provide technical, design and project management services throughout all stages of assigned capital and O & M protection, control and other assigned electrical projects. You’ll perform journey level electrician work with a primary focus on new equipment installations and the rebuilding of existing assets.
Permanent, full-time and based in Whitehorse, Yukon. See the full job description.
Yukon is a perfect place for outdoor enthusiasts and for raising a family. Wilderness adventures start right on your doorstep with canoeing, hiking and fishing opportunities available nearby. Multiple daily flights out of Whitehorse will get you to Vancouver in two hours and Edmonton or Calgary in less than three hours on scheduled days.
YOU’RE THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IF YOU HAVE:
- A two year diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited post-secondary educational institution;
- Journeyman Electrician, Power System Electrician and/or Instrumentation and Control certification would be an asset;
- Proven project management experience;
- Minimum of three years’ experience testing and maintaining protective relays;
- Proficient in Windows-based computer applications as well as manufacture specific software, maintenance programs and electrical design software, maintenance programs and electrical design software;
- Ability to read and work off of blueprints as well as interpret drawings, diagrams and specifications on a variety of types of electrical and electronic equipment;
- Experience with high voltage test equipment;
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers;
- Team player with the ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Strong client service orientation with good interpersonal skills;
- A proven track record and commitment to safe procedures and encouraging a safe work environment;
- Strong troubleshooting skills;
- A valid class-5 driver’s license and First Aid certificate as well as certification in WHIMS, TDG and rigging and hoisting.
Submit a covering letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com. Resumes and cover letters will be accepted until the position is filled.
We appreciate all responses; only short-listed candidates will be contacted.