Do you have a lot to offer? So do we… join our team of skilled and dedicated employees working in a respectful and positive environment, with challenging and fast-paced work, competitive salaries, excellent benefits and generous northern and travel allowances.
Sr. Procurement Specialist
Permanent, Full Time
Salary Range: $41.72 – $49.82 plus benefits
This is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated and versatile contracting professional to join our procurement team. Reporting to the Manager of Procurement, the Sr. Procurement Specialist provides technical expertise, analysis and business advisory services related to the competitive bid process, negotiating contracts, ensuring public regulatory compliance where required and evaluating vendor performance. The position is accountable for the administration of specialized, high value and complex material, services and construction activities, generating best value through competitive bid processes and contract negotiations, and evolving business processes while ensuring a “best practice” state.
We are looking for someone with:
• Post-secondary education in a business related discipline.
• Certified professional purchasing designation such as Supply Chain Management Professional or the Association for Operations Management.
• Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered
• 4 to 6 years of recent, relevant procurement experience.
• Sound working knowledge of procurement processes, public and private, with particular focus on the public sector.
• Good interpersonal, organizational, writing, communication, and negotiation skills.
• Strong knowledge of Windows based computer software applications.
To apply, submit a covering letter and resume by 5:00 pm, April 30, 2018 to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate all responses; only short-listed candidates will be contacted.