Reporting to the Manager, Procurement the incumbent performs a full range of procurement and contracting activities for the Corporation. Administers and processes all purchasing instruments from initial request to final completions. Provides training, technical advice and direction to staff in the area of procurement activities. All work shall be carried out and properly documented in accordance with Yukon Energy’s policies, guidelines and procedures while mitigating risk and complying with governing legislation.
Permanent, Full time position in Whitehorse, Yukon. See the full job description
Yukon is a perfect place for outdoor enthusiasts and for raising a family. Wilderness adventures start right on your doorstep with canoeing, hiking and fishing opportunities available nearby. Multiple daily flights out of Whitehorse will get you to Vancouver in two hours and Edmonton or Calgary in less than three hours on scheduled days.
YOU'RE THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IF YOU HAVE:
- Post-secondary education in business, contracting / procurement or another specialty relevant to procurement
- Enrolled in or have completed either SCMP (Supply Chain Management Professional) or APICS (The Association for Operations Management) designations
- Significant experience in planning, executing and controlling procurement initiatives, especially related to goods, services and construction agreements.
- Strong client service orientation
- Procurement experience with an ERP system, ideally Great Plains, Workplace or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Strong knowledge of Windows based computer software applications.
- Ability to work and maintain accuracy under pressure and to meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team and cross-cultural environment.
- Ability to conduct meetings and provide briefings.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU:
We offer a competitive starting rate and the opportunity to grow your career in a fast paced, challenging environment.
Yukon Energy values diversity in the workplace. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and we are committed to the employment and career development of Yukon First Nations citizens. First Nations candidates are encouraged to self-declare.
Submit a covering letter and resume to Human Resources via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
We appreciate all responses; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada for any employer.